The Terrapin is our new model series of trailer campers. Similar in style and size to the small trailers of the 1950s and 60s, these campers are a great platform for road trips, car-camping, or to haul to the lake. They offer a little more room than is typically available in the bed of the truck, and can be disconnected to set up base camp. When mounted to a trailer frame, the possibilities for small custom campers are nearly endless...
This Terrapin has a lot of character. Devastatingly cute, yet just enough attitude to let you know it means business. Perched on a custom 5'x8', fully boxed trailer frame, this camper is ready for the road. With seven windows all around the cabin, this camper has the views of a lookout tower and the feel of a ship's cabin. The 6" memory foam dinette-to-bed conversion is extremely comfortable for both sitting and sleeping. Beetle kill blue-stain pine flooring is not only attractive, but will wear well with years of use.
Sitting inside this camper is unlike any camping experience you've had. The five opening windows let in not only the light, but the breezes and the sounds - in other words, the reason you're there. A cup of coffee or a glass of wine, even in unpleasant weather, is made that much better by still being able to experience your surroundings. This camper looks and feels different than any other - and of all of our Turtles, this one has made the biggest splash.
- 1,360 lbs
- 5'x8' custom trailer frame from Sport Trail (Loveland, CO)
- Rockwell American 3,500lb axle
- 15" wheels and trailer rated tires
- A-Frame tongue with jack and custom storage box
- Professionally-sprayed Reflex truck bedliner undercoating
- Fully insulated floor, walls, and roof
- 15 amp shore power inlet - two interior outlets
- LED crown moulding lighting
- Full size memory foam bed (75.5"x54")
- Width: 6'9"
- Height: 8' (at peak)
- Length: 8'2" (cabin), 12' overall
- Interior Height: 5'11" (at peak)